“Study in Canada with Us”
Study high school, English, earn certificates, professional certificates + work, associate degree, bachelor’s degree in Canada.
Why study in Canada?
Study in Canada, the second largest country in the world after Russia, and one of the countries with policies and culture that welcomes foreigners the most.
1) Canada is one of the country that is excellent in educational quality
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an organization that supports cooperations in economics and development, has made the PISA exam result public to report the ranking results divide into each country. This exam divide results into 3 parts including Reading, Maths and Sciences. Canada is ranked number 3 after South Korea (ranked number 1) and Finland (ranked number 2). * According to The Guardian – click
Canada has over 100 undergraduate universities including universities with famous university standards such as, the University of Toronto, McGill University, University of British Columbia (UBC), Université de Montréal and University of Alberta which is ranked Top 100 of all universities in the world.
2) Safety in Canada
Canada is one of the safest countries in the world, ranked the 8th most tranquil and safe country from the Global Peace Index 2018 * according to Global Peace Index – Click. Besides, US News & World Report also ranked Canada the 2nd best country due to the education opportunities, average age of population and low crime and violence statistics.
3) Lower Expenses
Although the the educational quality and living standards in Canada are ranked on the top, but the cost of living and tuition fee for international students are generally cheaper than the United States of America and England.
4) The Canadian Ways
Because Canada is a large country, so it has high diversities in populations, environments, weather, and lifestyles. However, the Canadian culture give importance to pride and commitment in equality, diversity and respect for everyone.
When we think of Canada, we may think about stunning natural views, large areas surrounded by mountains, forests and lakes. In truth, Canada is one of the most modern and advance countries. The majority of people are open to diversities, friendly and polite.
5) Career and Immigration Opportunities
While studying in Canada, students can work legally (20 hours per week) except students who study English courses. International students who have graduated from Canadian institutions that takes at least 1 year to graduate can ask for post graduation work permit to work in Canada for 1 or 3 more years. If students have at least 1 year of working experience in Canada after graduation, they can apply for permanent residence.
Learn Languages in Canada [Language Schools]
Language schools in Canada offers English and French for international students. KorPunGun Center for Overseas Education went to visit, selected excellent English schools with interesting programs and courses, recognized by international organizations as recommended schools for language learning in Canada to introduce to all who wants excellent and reliable institutions.
Recommended Language Schools in Canada
ILSC EDUCATION GROUP
ILSC EDUCATION GROUP have been founded since 1991 with over 230,000 student from 100 countries around the world in 7 campuses, 6 colleges in 3 countries. Campuses in Canada are located in Vancouver / Montréal / Toronto where students can choose to study freely and reach their goals.
The highlight of ILSC is its excellence in quality. ILSC offers a variety of courses and programs for students to choose from. Courses will be divided into 2 main parts including core courses and elective courses. For core courses students can choose from English Foundation for those who want to start at the basics. English Communication to focus on practicing and improving English communication skills. Academic English & Test Preparation for studying abroad and preparation for Cambridge, ILETS, TOEFL, TOEIC tests which also includes Business English. English for work and learning English through creative and cultural activities such as, Story telling, Acting, Film, Global Issues, Green Leadership, Journalism and traveling in various places. There are numerous elective courses available to answer to the needs of students.
Study in Canada
Primary and Secondary Schools
Primary school is from grade 1-8 and secondary is from grade 9-12. Studying high school in Canada does not focus too much on preparing students for university entrance exams. Students will study academically along with opportunities to explore their interests through free elective classes, numerous activities and vocational skills training that will help develop many skills useful in real life such as, woodworking, cooking, cutting and welding, shooting-editing and image decorations, acting, hair design and styling, design and sewing, etc.
The requirements for completing high school in Canada vary from state to state, but generally there are similarities in the main subjects that students have to study including, English, Mathematics, Social Science, Science, Arts, Physical Education, and other elective classes. Each school in different areas have their own special courses, elective courses and educational activities depending on the needs of people living nearby. For example, some schools recommend students to study Advanced Placement (AP), some offers IB program (International Baccalaureate), some offers elective classes in Animation, Robotic, Programing, and more.
Vernon School District
Vernon School District #22
It is around 4.5 hours by car away from Vancouver or take a 45-minute flight to Kelowna International Airport and use the high way that has one of the most beautiful scenery in Canada for half an hour to reach Vernon. Our Canadian family will be welcoming you at Kelowna International Airport and drive you to your homestay.
1) Clarence Fulton Secondary School : a school with various program of studies to choose from, namely academics and interesting elective courses.
1.2) School Highlights : offers numerous courses with interesting elective courses. Stand out in sport programs.
2) Charles Bloom Secondary School : a secondary school that incorporates concepts of community schools. Located in a rural area of Lumby, about 30 minutes from Vernon City, gate way to Mount Monashee. The school is located in the center of the village, close to community facilities such as, parks, swimming pools, ice skating rinks, community library and skateboarding area (grades 7-12).
1.2) School Highlights : a high school with smallest number of students in Vernon, suitable for students who want to experience academic atmosphere and Canadian lifestyle.
3) Kalamalka Secondary School : a secondary school located in a tranquil area near Coldstream community and close to Kalamalka lake. The school is outstanding in academics, sports and extracurricular programs that allow students at all levels to participate together. Students can be entertained from sports, art clubs and interesting elective courses such as, musical theaters, woodworking and bands. Kalamalka is the only school in Vernon that offers AP education (Advanced Placement) (grades 8-12).
1.2) School Highlights : excellent in academic, musical bands and sports
4) Vernon Secondary School : one of the secondary schools with the most numerous courses in the city. There are courses in all fields of study and a beautiful building with modern technology in every room. The school prides itself on its achievements in sports, arts and academics. The athletes always competes in county level whether it is golf, curling football, or other sports. The drama department is well known for its musical production. For academics, the school offers program in economics which is known as one of the best programs of the county (grade 8-12).
1.2) School Highlights : excellent in drama, sports, and economics
5) W.L. Seaton Secondary School : a school that offers both English language and French immersion course. It is the only school in the city that offers French language courses and is one of the most diverse school in the district (grades 8-12).
1.2) School Highlights : offers French immersion course, student’s diversity, excellent performances
Golden Hills Schools
Golden Hills School Division [GHSD]
A group of public schools located on the outskirts of Calgary. Alberta covers 3 small cities including Strathmre, Drumheller, and Three Hills. Calgary is one of Canada’s largest cities, it is a city of oil and natural gas industry with a PTT office located there. It used to be the venue of the Winter Olympics in 1988. Calgary is also known as one of the country’s most advanced technology research centers. International students will enjoy the experience of living in a peaceful, small town with easy accessibility to large city like Calgary within 30 minutes.
1. Strathmore High School : located in Strathmore, Alberta with approximately 750 students in grades 10-12. It has various program of studies in academics, vocational, and Career and Technology Studies (CTS). We pride ourselves in the ability to answer to students’ educational needs and the creation of diverse environment that supports education to encourage students to become leaders. * Accommodation available on campus
2. Drumheller Valley Secondary School : located in Drumheller, Alberta with approximately 400 students in grades 7-12. It is located in the heart of Badlands National Park, Alberta, with excellent and diverse program of studies whether it is academics, arts or Career and Technology Studies (CTS). The school promotes learning values in life as well as giving importance to creativity and preparing students for further studies after graduating from secondary school. * Accommodation available on campus
3. Three Hills School : located in Three Hills, Alberta with approximately 500 students. It is the largest school in GHSD and is one of the few schools to have continuous educational program from elementary school to 12th grade. The environment is suitable for learning, the school has over 50 staffs members providing services for students. We are proud of the safety and respect in our learning community. It is where students will achieve their full ability. There are various courses available for students to choose from, whether it is academics, music, drama or arts. Additionally, the school is also outstanding is sports as well.
Post-Secondary includes :
- College for University Transfer and Diploma
- University for Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctor’s Degree
- Specialized private college for Diploma
- Technical and vocational schools
Recommended colleges for University Transfer, Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma
The highlight of studying Bachelor’s Degree in Canada is that colleges usually design programs in accordance with the knowledge and skills required to work in a related field. Because one of the indicators of college success determined by the government is the employment rate and graduates’ satisfaction. For this reason, the college focuses on theoretical learning combined with practice. Most students choose to do co-op (internship) that is legally paid to gain experience from work, develop skills and knowledge, and create connections for future career opportunities.
Besides, Canadian public colleges are also interesting because:
1. Work while studying :
While studying in academic programs (not including English training), students can work for 20 hours per week.
2. Full-time job during semester breaks
During semester breaks, students can work full-time.
3. Canada work opportunities after graduation :
After graduating Associate Degree (University Transfer program), Bachelor’s Degree, certificate and Post-Graduate Diploma (at least 1 year), international students can ask for Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) for a maximum of 3 years.
4. Opportunity to become Permanent Residence :
If students work continuously by PGWP for 1 year, they can apply for PR : Permanent Residence of Canada as well.
Founded in 1963 in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. Later in 2006, the college have established 3 more campuses, in total there are 4 main campuses namely, Kelowna,, Penticton, Vernon and Salmon Arm. It is considered as an old college that has a significant role in regional development.
Okanagan College is an institution that offers associate degree for university transfer, Bachelor’s degree with over 130 diverse program of studies, and diploma in Business, Commercial Aviation, Arts / Science, Technologies, Sustainable Construction Management Technology, Animation, Computer Science, Health and Social Development, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, and Food Wine and Tourism all taught in small classes. Leading courses and professional professors will help students succeed in the future.
Okanagan College has approximately 10,000 students with 1,500 international students from more than 60 countries. Students will live, learn and work in the heart of British Columbia of Okanagan Valley, a city with unique 4 seasons and cool breeze all year round.
Located 20 minutes away from Vancouver in a residential area of Oakridge. The campus is surrounded by golf courses, parks, stores and many restaurants. The college is situated on the main road of the bus with its own train station allowing students to travel conveniently around Vancouver.
Langara in a government-supported college that provides universities, careers and education for over 22,000 students per year with 4,000 international students from over 80 countries. Our international students have various options when they have to choose their program of studies such as, Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree, Diploma, Post-Degree Diploma and Certificate Program. Program of Studies at Langara College is separated into 5 fields namely Arts, Business, Sciences & Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Health. There is homestay available by our own staffs, and Langara Plus that will improve Canada learning experience through extra/co-curricular activities about Study Skills, Social Events, Recreational Activities, and Lifestyle Workshop.
Recommended College for Diploma
Campuses are located in Vancouver and Toronto, Canada offering quality diploma programs for international and local students for over 15 years. The learning focuses on participations and internships to help students gain real work experience in their field of study. Courses offered include Business, Tourism & Hospitality, Teacher Training, Interpreting and Translation. There is also a Co-op program where students will study based on their own interests. For example, study Business and Tourism & Hospitality at Greystone College for half of the program (50%), then learn through practice and training in another half of the program (50%). Students will receive compensation when they work and will receive certificates after graduating as well.