Study English in the Philippines
For anyone who would like to study English in the Philippines, EV Academy, a leading English language institution in Cebu, Philippines since 2002 offers full range of services from English language learning programs, campus accommodations, food and activities. In the past 15 years, EV have taught more than 13,000 students from more than 17 countries.
EV Academy is a campus-style institution that combines with a resort with an outdoor garden area, dormitory, swimming pool, various facilities and a 24-hour security system. *Accommodation and school buildings at the new EV Academy campus are designed to resist earthquake up to 8.0 Richter!
EV Academy teaches full Sparta. Students cannot go out of school between Monday to Thursday because they have to study and review the lessons intensively (8:00 – 20:00 hrs.). After moving into the new campus in October 2018, the institute offers additional Semi Sparta course which is intensive classes but students do not have to stay at school in the evening, and are allowed to leave after school. Most importantly, the institute offers IELTS Guarantee which guarantees the exam results.
Why study English in the Philippines [Cebu]?
- Special Intensive Programs : students will spend half a day studying English in private 1:1 classes with Filipino instructors who have been well trained. Another half day will be spent studying in small and large groups.
- English Culture : The Philippines is the 5th largest country that uses English as one of the main languages of the country. Students will be able to practice using English in everyday life.
- Filipino Touch : besides the instructors’ skills, instructors in the Philippines are patient, attentive and friendly as well. Many students have noteworthy experiences while studying in Cebu.
- Get more for less : study English, traveling and living. Students can access these things in the Philippines in an affordable cost. Learning English here will save you over 50% when compared to learning English in other English-speaking countries.
- Student Diversity : there are friends from Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, China, and other countries who come to learn languages at the same place. Students will have the opportunity to use language with friends as well.
- Study made easy! : Thai students do not have to ask for a VISA before entering the country
- Controllable Budget : pay once to cover tuition, accommodation and food fees. You almost don’t have to worry about increasing expenses, the budget will be under control for sure.
- Safety : in 2015, Cebu’s crime statistics are lower than other cities for language learning.
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) 73.77
- Manila (Philippines) 65.50
- Las Vegas (USA) 61.24
- New-Delhi (India) 60.25
- Cebu (Philippines) 50.61
- New York (USA) 50.34
- London (UK) 48.43
EV Academy Highlights from the point of view of KorPunGun Blogger
- David Chatelet, the owner of the institution graduated education and was an English teacher before causing him to have great understanding about education.
- It is suitable for those who want to study intensively and within a limited time. A majority of students who have chosen this place do not like to party. In average, they are high school to university student or fresh graduates. (There are also some working age people *depends on the period of enrollment).
- Instructors in the institution have experience in language teaching and are interested in general knowledge, history, culture and news. For this reason, in private 1:1 classes, students can have conversations with instructors in these topics.
- There are staffs who are always there to help. The staffs are diverse in ethnicity and speak various languages for example, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian. Thai students receive help from David, the owner of the institution because David and Kanpong, the founder of KorPunGun, are very close.
EV Academy is located uptown Talamban, Cebu’s educational center, a district full of students because it is close to the University of San Carlos, University of Visayas and an international school. Essentially, the area is surrounded with stores, pharmacies, cafes and local restaurants.
In Talamban area, students can walk to D’Family Park, a 20-acre park with activities for locals and foreigners to participate. This park also has areas for picnics, swimming pool, playground, small zoo, basketball court and soccer field, lake and treadmills for exercises as well.
The campus is divided into 6 parts :
- Tropical Garden : garden for outdoor activities such as, music and party
- Academy : 3-story building that consisted of an Auditorium for movies, presentations, graduation ceremony, Audio Lab, 2 large halls for activities, revision rooms, teacher’s office, meeting rooms, 175 private classrooms, 30 group classrooms.
- Student Residences : 21 single bedrooms, 74 double bedrooms, 36 triple bedrooms, and 4 rooms for 4 people. Each room includes air conditioner, private bathroom, water heater and refrigerator.
- Recreation : dining room, cafe, internet lounge, massage parlor, store, fitness room
- Pool Side : swimming pool
EV Academy Program of Studies
- ESL Program : learn English as a second language for general, everyday use. The program is divided into 2 main types namely, Sparta and Semi-Sparta which are divided into 4 minor programs students can choose from their own preferences.
- ESL Classic : regular program for learning and improving all 4 skills, namely listening, speaking, reading and writing. Study in the form of (1:1) 4 private lessons, 2 small group classes, and 2 large group classes per day.
- Power Speaking 6 : program that focuses on everyday conversation by studying 6 (1:1) private lessons, 1 small group and 1 large group classes per day.
- Power Speaking 8 : a special program that focuses on everyday conversation by studying 8 (1:1) private lessons.
For Sparta, students are not allowed to leave school on Monday – Thursday and will have to take Optional Class from 19:00 – 20:00, take daily sentence test from 20:00 – 21:00 and review the lessons everyday from 21:00 – 22:00 apart from the lessons mentioned above.
2. IELTS Program : study to prepare for IELTS exam and improve IELTS score. This program is suitable for students who want to be academically prepared for their education abroad. The IELTS program is divided into 3 types :
- Pre-IELTS Intensive : suitable for students whose basic English skills are still not strong enough. Students will learn half general, half academic English : 4 private lessons and 4 group classes per day.
- IELTS Intensive : suitable for students with certain level of English and want to learn to take IELTS General for normal usage *not for education abroad or International Programs : 4 private lessons and 4 group classes per day.
- IELTS Guarantee : suitable for students who want to take IELTS exam and use the score or study English to study abroad. In this program, students must have IELTS score or result of English proficiency test from the institution that is equivalent to IELTS 4.0 and must apply for 12 weeks : 4 private lessons and 4 group classes per day.
IELTS Guarantee Conditions
- Students must submit official IELTS scores or take the institution’s IELTS test and meet the criteria before the beginning of the course. If the IELTS test does not meet the requirements, students will study IELTS Intensive and the cost difference will be refunded.
- Students must attend 97% of the program (includes attendance for vocabulary test mock test, self-study) although the institution can reduce this requirement if students must be absent due to illnesses that is approved by a doctor, but students must be present at least 95%.
- Students must complete 100% of homework assigned by IELTS teacher.
- Each week, students’ grades must exceed 80%. For Friday’s vocabulary test, if students fail to meet the criteria for more than 3 times, score guarantee will be cancelled.
- Students must receive higher mock test results than the previous week. If students fail to meet the criteria more than 3 times, score guarantee will be cancelled.
- Students must register for IELTS exam after the 10th week. They must pay for the application fee by themselves.
- Students who have broken school rules and have been deducted more than 10 points will not be receiving test results.
3. TOEIC Program : study to prepare for TOEIC exam, covers TOEIC reading & Vocabulary and TOEIC Listening in 4 private (1:1) lessons per day. Study Integrated Grammar and TOEIC Reading in 2 small groups classes per day (no more than 5 students). Study TOEIC Reading and Business English in 2 large group classes per day (no more than 8 students) – study for at least 4 weeks.
4. Business English Program : for learners who want to study and improve their English skills for work or business. Each day, learners will study 4 MTM (private) classes including Business Vocabulary, Business Writing,Business Communication and Business Negotiation 2 classes per week. Also, study in a small group with international friends which will be divided into 2 small classes. Study 2 Integrated Grammar and Presentation classes per day, and study Business English and Active Communication.
EV Academy Services
EV Academy offers full range of services because EV Academy wants to encourage students to spend time studying. Therefore, students don’t have to worry about other things. EV Academy services are as follows:
- Airport Pickup
- Legal Documentation
- Academic Counseling
- Travel information and booking
- Medical Care
- 3 meals a day
- Free International Phone Call
EV Academy Curfew
+ For students in Sparta program : Monday – Thursday students are not allowed to leave the campus. Friday and Saturday 00:00 a.m. Sunday 21:00 p.m.
+ For students in Semi-Sparta program : Monday – Thursday students are allowed to leave the campus at from 17:00 – 22:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 00:00 a.m. Sunday 21:00 p.m.
EV Academy English Levels and Evaluation
2019 Updated Costs
- This price does not include discounts
- Contact KorPunGun for quotations :
Line ID : Korpungun.ph
Or Line : @korpungun