Study Language with Philinter
Study language in the Philippines with Philinter Education Center (PhilInter) which is one of the top language institutions in Cebu, Philippines. In 2015, PhilInter have been awarded Best English Education Learning Center (national award) and Most Outstanding English Education Learning Center. PhilInter have been teaching high quality English for 12 years for students from 12 non-English speaking countries including Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, China and Mongolia.
Whether your goal is to :
- Prepare your language before going abroad
- Business or work
- Prepare for TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS exam
- General use in daily life
PhilInter, language institution in Cebu, Philippines will make this happen because…
1. PhilInter’s academic level is in the CEFR standard (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Students are able to compare their English skills while studying in Cebu with TOEFL/IELTS scores.
2. Quota System at PhilInter guarantees that students will meet a variety of learners while studying in Cebu, Philippines. PhilInter clearly states that students from each country will not exceed the limited percentage of all students.
3. PhilInter offers IELTS/TOEIC Guarantee if students enroll for at least 12 week and have basic English skills as required.
4. PhilInter offers specialized English course in medicine and nursing (English Focus Medical Course)
Language Learning Programs
1. General ESL : learn English for general use in everyday life which also includes Speaking, Listening, Writing, Grammar, Pronunciation, Reading and Vocabulary. Everyday, students will study 4 private 1:1 classes, 2 small group and 2 big group.
2. Intensive Power Speaking (IPS) : this program is quite intensive to create fluency and accuracy in language usage by using CLT (Communication Language Teaching). Students will learn and practice English mainly by speaking in private 1:1 classes (5 times/day), small group class (2 times/day) and big group class (2 times/day).
3. Junior ESL : for who are interested in studying language in Cebu between the ages of 7-15 years. Students must take an exam to find our which areas of study should be focused between Speaking, Listening, Writing, Grammar, Pronunciation, Reading and Vocabulary. After the test, the institution will arrange for students to take classes by focusing on each student’s needs. The institute has a policy to accept 15 Junior students (in 1 day, students will learn 4 private 1:1 lessons, 3 small group, 2 self-study lessons with advisors)
4. IELTS Preparation : after completing this program, students will have improved their listening, speaking, writing and academic reading skills. They will have developed skills and techniques for IELTS exam and will have increased the overall score. The institute will provide Mock Test every Saturday. For registration in IELTS Pro Guarantee program, the institute will guarantee IELTS score as high as 7.0.
5. TOEIC Preparation (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) : after completing this program, students will have improved their listening, speaking, writing and academic reading skills. They will have developed skills and techniques for TOEIC exam and will have increased the overall score. The institute will provide Mock Test every Saturday. For registration in TOEIC Pro Guarantee program, the institute will guarantee TOEIC score as high as 800.
6. Business English : for learners who want to study English for work or business. After completing this program, students will be able to communicate confidently in their workplaces and meetings by writing and speaking. Business English is divided into 4 types :
1. Basic Business : for basic English in workplace. 4 private lessons (Speaking English for Socializing, Reading Workplace Vocabulary, Speaking Grammar and Writing ESL, Pronunciation), 3 small group classes (Listening BBC/CNN/Documentary, Business Talk, Research and Reporting), and 1 big group class per day *must study at least 4 weeks.
2. Advanced Business : for students who can use English at a certain level and want to develop more English skills in the workplace. 4 private lessons (Writing and Correspondence, Business Vocabulary, 2 free elective classes), 3 small group classes (Listening BBC/CNN/Documentary, Business Talk, English Presentation), and 1 big group class per day *must study at least 4 weeks.
3. Focus Industry : for students who are able to use English at a certain level and want to develop communication skills and specific vocabulary in Marketing, Hospitality, Information Technology, Medicine, Accounting and Finance, and more. In this program, students will study 4 private lessons (practice using vocabulary of chosen field of study, Writing and Correspondence, and 1 free elective class), 3 small group classes (Grammar & Listening, TOEIC Speaking, Pronunciation), 1 big group class per day *must study at least 2 weeks.
4. Premier Business : English for business purpose. This program can be used in high level business. It is suitable for students with high responsibility because the course is challenging and develops English for business. The program is divided into 4 private classes with 2 mandatory classes including User Suggestion Writing, Manual and Writing Techniques and Business Vocabulary. 3 small group classes including Business Debate, Business Article Review and Business Speaking.
7. ePS (Efficient Pronunciation Speaking) : 1-3 weeks short English language program to improve language level, fix weaknesses and practice speaking to develop confidence in using English (students will study 7 private lessons, 3 small group classes per day).
PhilInter aims to have students develop their English more so sessions after regular classes have been added. Students will practice interacting and learn English language skills through new methods. PhilInter guarantees satisfaction in effective learning activities that will be assigned to students. The evening class will help fulfill learning hours making each evening even more perfect.
Topic of Studies
Strengthen and use grammar perfectly
- Learn and understand grammatical structure
- Learn sentence building
- Use the correct grammar and improve learning skills
- Develop English for education and career
- Improve English grammar and writing structure
A clinic for pronunciation and clear speaking
- Vowels and consonants
- Vocabularies and complex sentences
- Develop English for education and career
- Stressing and pronunciation patterns
Reading naturally and comprehension
- Focus on vocabulary development
- To improve the quality and vocabulary in various contexts including reading comprehension
Listening and understanding for conversations in real life
- Practice listening to vocabularies in specific contexts
- Understand and discuss different contents in the message
- Create questions and answers
Strengthen confidence in speaking
- Use correct grammatical structure
- Organize ideas to answer questions
- Clarify topics presented for everyone to understand easily
EVENING CLASS Application
Students must apply at least 1 week before starting class. In case of halfway enrollment, this will depend on the amount of students in the classroom. Students cannot apply orally with instructors, they must flow the application rules in order to enter evening class.
If students cancel class before the beginning of the program, they will receive full refund. If the program have started, students will receive no refund.
Monday – Thursday
18:30 – 19:30 / 2 weeks
$60 (3,000 Peso) / 2 weeks
Students will have their attendances checked by the instructor. If students are absent for more than 2 times in 2 weeks, they will be suspended from learning without tuition fee refunds, and the seat will be given to other students.
Amount of Students
Small classroom with 4-10 students / medium classroom with 5-13 students
If the amount of students are lower than the amounts above, the class will be cancelled and tuition fees will be fully refunded.
And 6 more reasons
that makes PhilInter interesting are..
- Excellent quality in English language teaching and certified by Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
- Various programs to choose from which also includes specific programs such as, Business English.
- Constant evaluations and evaluation system that meets CEFR standards (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- A variety of activities for students to participate. Friday afternoon is the time for co-curricular activities in which students will make use of what they have learned through activities such as, role play, debate, speech and presentation.
- Buddy teacher system available to improve instructors. There are also international staffs who constantly take care of students.
- The location is safe with 24 hours, 7 day of security.
Located approximately 200 meters away from the institution in a convenient area surrounded by restaurants and shopping malls. There is also a popular restaurant on the top of AZON condo where the scenery of the city can be viewed.
Dormitory inside the campus offers single to triple rooms. Similar to resorts, there is a swimming pool in front of the dormitory.
There are various activities and a theme for each months to encourage students get to know and practice using English language.
General ESL : study 4 private lessons, 2 small group classes, 2 big group classes per day
- The cost according to this table is approximated. Please contact us for cost details of each program and each institution.
- KorPunGun does not collect expenses other than the normal rate students have to pay : students will pay according to the institution’s invoice.
- These estimated costs does not include pocket money and may change according to exchange rates.
Institution’s Brochure – click here
Study English in the Philippines from KorPunGun’s point of view
I went to get to know the English language institute in Cebu by myself. After talking to the owner of the institution, I saw how interesting it is and how English is taught in Cebu, Philippines. For this reason, I decided to visit and study in 3 leading English language institutions in Cebu, Philippines.
For English learning in the Philippines, students will study privately (1:1) with instructors for 4-6 hours and will practice English with international friends in small and large groups for half a day. In addition, institutions in Cebu also have activities for students to participate and practice using English in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
Often, we have heard that Filipinos speak difficult English accent with a strong sense of Tagalog. After the trials and some talking with the institution’s staff, I didn’t feel like that at all because the instructors must attend intensive trainings and be continuously evaluated to develop their potentials. Instructors at the institution can provide quality English teaching with expertise because they have experiences and understandings in how to teach foreign students. Therefore, instructors will be able to quickly identify the student’s problems and what should be done to develop them.
Most importantly, studying languages in Cebu, Philippines with these institutions, students will be able to save and control expenses. The cost of living in Cebu is not different from Thailand, not as expensive as the United States of America, Australia or New Zealand. The important thing is the expenses that must be paid to the institutions include tuition and accommodation fees, 3 meals per day and other service fees.